STEP 1 : MAKING EGGLESS CAKE
2 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
1 cup Sugar
1 cup ghee
1 cup milk
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla essence if required
1. Sieve maida ,baking powder and baking soda
2. Beat ghee and sugar till it become smooth (You can also use Mixi to do this if you don’t have the hand mixer which is normally used by professionals )
3. Add the sieved maida, baking powder and baking soda to the smooth paste of ghee and sugar and beat well till it become smooth ( i do it in mixie).
4. Now grease your tray with oil or ghee and pour the smooth paste into it.
5. Let it cook for 30 to 45 minutes on medium flame.
6. Check the cake by inserting toothpick or knife if it comes clear then it’s cooked. Let it cool before assembling it with fondant.
Note that your cake must be completely cooled because fondant will melt if placed on hot cake and do not refrigerate cake with fondant it will become sticky.
STEP 2: MAKING FONDANT (VEGETARIAN)
MAKES ABOUT 1 KG FONDANT
¼ cup water or fresh cream or milk ( I Used amul cream)
2 tbsp Agar Agar powder/flakes (this is vegetarian .gelatin is not vegetarian)
½ cup Light Corn Syrup (Karo Light Corn Syrup)
3 tbsp Butter (for a more white fondant use Veg Shortening)
1 ½ tbsp Glycerin (Wilton Glycerin)
700 grams to 1kg powder sugar / Confectioners sugar
1 tsp Clear Vanilla or other flavouring.
Dissolve Agar Agar flakes in Fresh cream or water. Let bloom. Heat in microwave at 30 sec interval until dissolved. If you have lumps – strain the mixture.
Working quickly – add Butter, light corn syrup and glycerin to the mixture.
Add Vanilla and any food color if making the whole batch in one color.(it’s better to keep white fondant later as required color could be added)
Add powder sugar – One cup at a time up to 700 grams or until you have a pliable dough. Note: Do not add too much powder sugar as the fondant will stiffen as it rest. If made with Fresh cream it uses less powder sugar while water uses more powder sugar.
Let rest in the fridge for a couple of hours. Bring to room temperature. Knead well before you use.
Leftover fondant can be stored in freezer for 9 months note that fondant is wrapped properly and is stored in airtight container. Next time whenever required take it out of freezer before 3 or 4 hours use after it get to room temperature.
In order to prevent the Ribbon to break or crack in the folds you can stuff tissue in between and remove it at the end.
For Your Reference:
If you have any doubt please feel free to contact us and do post your reviews and please don’t forget to SHARE with your loved ones.